Sunday, June 14, 2009

Butter (Up) Daddy

Uh oh, it's one week before Father's day and I have no present for my hubby. Should it be time for revenge and not get him anything for his special day? I didn't get him anything for his birthday already so maybe I shouldn't ask and just surprise him with a nice present. Besides, our husbands are so used to being the "sugar daddy," maybe it's our turn to treat them and butter them up.

To be honest with you, it's hard to surprise my hubby with clothes, shoes, or anything he can wear because he is very particular about the details, design and cut. The best thing is to buy the same brand as what he's got already and buy and get something similar to what he has. That's how men are like anyway, they like the same things. Makes life easier for us wives! If that's the criteria, then there's one shop I should go to: Hackett. My hubby loves his shirt from this store that he doesn't mind wearing it every week. Too bad, there's no Hackett in Hong Kong (we got his shirt in the Heathrow airport in London). I hope they sell their shirts online! If you've got a little boy, they have shirts for kids too. Like father, like son.



Okay, it's tough to get something that's not available in Hong Kong. But, it seems like I am attracted to brands that I don't see here. Has anyone heard of Ben Sherman? I remember seeing it somewhere here but not sure where. found out about this brand because of the shirts for baby boys. When I checked the site, their tailored shirts for men are not bad too. Great with jeans or under a suit, if you are tired of Brooks Brothers.


If you want your hubby to look like Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button (nope, not when he was an old man or tiny baby), maybe get him a leather jacket from Belstaff. My hubby is in the leather jacket business so maybe it would be great to get him something from a competitor for both work and play. Not sure how his partner would react when he sees him wearing it though. Oops!


Since we're talking about work, maybe I can get him a cashmere sweater (fall is fast approaching, can you believe how time flies?) from Loro Piana. I know hubby will be doing business with this brand (at least his partner won't complain this time). Their sweaters are of the highest quality.



I also mentioned before that my hubby needs a new pair of jeans. Since I think True Religion and Rock and Republic or too funky for my preppie husband. I think Diesel is still my best bet. But there is no way I can buy it without having him try it on...



Since Lane Crawford is on sale now, maybe hubby and I can just go over there and check what pair of jeans he likes. And while he is in the dressing room, I can check out the bags and shoes while waiting... now, that's a plan for Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Kars may sale ng Ben Sherman shirts at Sogo 21st floor last weekend. Ask CArla till when it's gonna be... she bought some for her brothers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! That's where I probably saw it. Thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete