Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cheapskate!


How do you know when a woman has become a mother? When she starts using coupons, join promos or avail of discounts!

I swear to God, I was the last person to bring a coupon to a restaurant, avail of buy one take one promos in a shop or demanding for my 30 percent off. I'm not sure if it is the recession or it has anything to do with being a mom. A friend of mine sent me an email of different coupons in restaurants via email. At first, I ignored it and now am thinking of having lunch in those restos. I love the salad at CPK anyway...

I was organizing the clutter of mail on our desk the other day and found that beneath some junk, we were given a free cake or bottle of wine for my hubby's birthday and a gift certificate at our fave pizza parlor for my stepson's birthday. I thought, I might as well use them.

It's funny cause now that my work involves projects with Hong Kong's millionaires, what I have realized is no matter how much money these people have in the banks, we still get queries like, "Does your event serve FREE wine?" "Do I need to pay for the ticket/dinner?" "How much discount do we get at the Giorgio Armani sale?" Now that's why they are so-called millionaires. Every penny counts...

Hong Kong's richest woman, Nina Wang was all over the news when she passed away. I'm sure everybody's wondering where all her wealth went, she only had about US$4.2 billion in her name! Some rumors say they went to her fortune teller. What I am most interested in is how she acquired so much money... Of course it pays to marry a rich man but also Nina was known for being a cheapskate and spent only HK$2500 or just over US$300 a month. Holy! Don't ask me how she was able to survive with that much!

Hmm... that makes me question my current lifestyle. Maybe I shouldn't delete that email with all the coupons after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment