Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Comfort Zone


When I woke up yesterday, I was so excited to wear my new pumps. I have been wearing flats for months after I gave birth and only wear my stilettos when going to parties... until I realized that it does look more professional to present in heels. If I want to bag all these accounts, I should look like a million dollars. So, I decided to get a pair of grayish peep- toed pumps from H&M.

Checked myself in the mirror before leaving the house and was happy with my purchase. The added height gave me a little bit of an oomph and I just felt better about myself. I walked sexier, looked taller, and acted a little more intimidating and sophisticated (or maybe it's just in my head).

Hours later, the confidence I was feeling started to fade as I felt my feet getting hurt by my new pair of shoes. That's what I get for buying them at H&M. They are not cheap for nothing. Shucks! Now, I remember why I wore my Tory Burch flats almost everyday. Good thing I only had one client call and just stayed in the office so didn't walk too much.

It was half past six and it was time to go home. Uh-oh! I saw my skin slowly peeling off on both my feet and it was really painful! Good thing our office was 5 minutes away from Times Square. I have the perfect excuse to buy another pair of shoes. "Hurray" and "Ouch" at the same time!

I liked a couple of pairs in Zara (I've been in and out of their store since they announced their sale) but the scar on my foot was too big that I could not manage to squeeze them into closed shoes. I definitely had to buy sandals or else I could not walk. Hmm, but the sandals on sale were so-so and I wanted to get something I'll actually wear again next time.

Good thing they had Lane Crawford downstairs, I rushed (more like trodded) to get myself a pair of Slim Havaianas. I've been wanting to get one anyway. At this point, I didn't care if I looked funny wearing office clothes with silver flip flops. All I wanted was something comfortable or else I would have called an ambulance to take me home. How embarrassing is that!

So lesson for the day... "Don't leave the house with only one pair of shoes?" "Always bring your credit card with you, in case you need to buy another pair?" or "Hire a chauffeur so you don't need to walk?" Correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment