Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Girl Talk


So sorry for not having much posts on my blog the last few days. I am literally overloaded with work. I am handling 4 magazines at the moment, that's not easy, I tell you! Good thing we let go of 2 of them this afternoon. What a relief! Good thing I have some brain cells left to write on my blog.

One of my best friends is in town again and I met up with her in between my meetings today. Such a multi-tasker I am! I was able to squeeze a couple of minutes with her at her fave cafe, picked her up at H&M after my lunch and took her to Yo Ma ma, my fave froyo. She says it tastes similar to Red Mango, just more expensive. Hmph!

I was so happy that she brought a present for my daughter from a friend. Yahoo, another beautiful dress and yellow crocs (she only has a purple one at the moment)! My daughter was so happy when she saw them, she asked me to put them on her feet and clapped after. I regretted putting them on later cause she cried a hell lot when I tried removing them. I can't believe my daugher has a shoe fetish at 14 months old. Tsk tsk!

My friend and I were talking about how our lives have changed... from being party girls to homebodies. I asked her if she wanted to go out and she preferred to just hang in her hotel and just chat. Gosh, gone are the days when we would wear tubes and prance around town. Now, our conversations are about family life, trying to earn a living and other serious topics. Boring!

Oh well, we are going out for dinner tomorrow and hopefully, we have the energy to have a drink or two after. I'm thinking of bringing her to SoHo. Haven't been there for a while and when I passed by today, I saw new restos, bars and stores I have not been in. Now, that's something to look forward to!

Good food, good wine and some girl talk. Reminds me of my fave show, Sex and the City. Some things never change, except that I have switched roles from being Samantha to Charlotte...

No comments:

Post a Comment