Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Run for your Life

I'm so happy I just got my daughter's shoes last night. I decided to brave the rainy weather and meet one of my bestest friends at her hotel. I did not regret it though. Nothing beats spending the night with a good friend, just catching up while looking for shoes. Apparently, she needed a new pair and I came to the rescue (that's what I do best anyway, shopping). Too bad she is leaving again today (sniff sniff), good thing she is coming back again in 2 weeks. That means she can bring more stuff for me and baby, yahoo!

When my baby woke up this morning, I was so excited I tried on her new shoes and they looked divine! Her Katelyn Pediped was still a bit too big but her feet grow fast anyway. They only last for 6 months or so (and then it's time to go shoe shopping again). Her pink and blue sneakers from Robeez was perfect though. I can't wait for her to wear them when she goes to playgroup this week. Am gonna let her try 2 new playgroups to see which one she enjoys the most.

I think her Pedipeds are too pretty for playgroup and I am afraid her Robeez might get worn out. Uh oh, I am tempted to get her another pair of sneakers she can alternate with her new one (it just never ends). I am liking this Adidas Superstar pair (especially because both of her Adidas shoes are too small for her now). Perfect, cause she doesn't have any yellow and green shoes yet (umm, who needs yellow and green shoes?!). I better schedule a trip to Citygate in Tung Chung to check out the Adidas outlet, their prices are almost half off. Maybe I can buy two! Bad idea!



Too bad, I already got my friend her baby shower present two weeks ago. I just fell in love with this Fisher Price/Adidas set where the shoes come with a little toy. I bought her the pink one since she is having a baby girl. Isn't it a great idea for a present?



I was also looking at other sporty brands like Puma to see if they have nice designs for babies too. Looks like they have a few pairs that are similar to the Adidas ones. Check them out...






I still prefer Adidas, what about you? But, I'm telling you when I saw the Le Coq Sportif sneakers in Ocean Terminal last week, my heart just melted. Too bad I can't find a pic on the net so I cannot share it with you. Don't worry, I'll take a pic of it in case I decide to buy it (which I hope I don't because it's not cheap).

Sigh, I am spending so much time looking at baby shoes that I still haven't bought any for myself. Why is that I have to think twice when buying something for moi but find myself being more impulsive when spending for the little one? I have to convince myself that the Varina flats from Ferragamo are worth it after the 30% off or the platform heels in Zara won't hurt my feet. And I find myself thinking that my daughter needs another pair of sneakers, gold shoes and red open- toed ones (to go with her new white dress). Oh, the woes of being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment