Friday, June 5, 2009

Little Rascal


I brought my daughter to playgroup yesterday (she hasn't been for quite a while now), and as predicted, she wouldn't listen to her teacher's instructions. When she was told what to do or how to play with the blocks, my baby would scream and would insist to play on her own. Saying that though, she had too much fun that she cried so much when it was time to go home.

Uhoh! She is in the makings of becoming a problem child in school, I can feel it already. I do not look forward to the day when her teacher would call me in for a "little chat." I remember the days in high school when my parents would call my mom and dad because I don't follow the "rules." Yikes! It's payback time.

I'm more and more convinced that I should enroll her in playgroup now. My daughter has no problem playing with other kids or socializing (everyone knows her in our apartment block because she smiles at them), but I guess it really helps if there is a mentor who guides her and teaches her a few things. Admittedly, I don't really get to teach my daughter much so I am happy that her new nanny teaches her how to count, sing and a few other things.

It's time for me to buy more educational stuff for my daughter. I'm always too concerned about getting my daughter new clothes or a new pair of shoes (I saw a stunning red pair of sandals in Zara baby yesterday!) but now I need to purchase (love that word) DVDs and books to help her. I'm not exactly a Baby Einstein fan so maybe I'll get her the good ol' Sesame Street stuff and Barney (she also loves that purple creature for some reason).

I plan to bring her to another playgroup this Saturday. I hope that school is pretty good too (am still not yet decided with the other one since all they do is play with blocks and it's all the way in Causeway Bay). I've been so busy with work the whole week so I am looking forward to spending time with my hubby (the birthday celebrant) and daughter (the little rascal) this weekend. Thank God it's Friday!

2 comments:

  1. i was called in when J was less than 2 years coz he was acting up around me. teacher told me to let nanny bring him next time kasi he knows when it's me... and to br more strict (i actually thought disciplinarian na ako at that time). he would bite kasi and hit people, pero i'm grateful to that teacher. sabi nya let him play on his own, discover stuff, no need daw to spend all the time with him basta he knows you're there, and punish if need be. i'm happy to say after a year super nice na sya. not passive/meek nice but just a well-rounded, likable kid. By the way that tagalog book using xray and champorado.... made me laugh so hard. i would'nt teach J the Tagalog that way hahaha

    ReplyDelete