Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hurray for Weekends!


I just love the weekends! After a stressful and tiring week, I made sure I would make the most out of my Saturday and Sunday with my family (which explains me not writing on my blog). I was off to a good start by shopping at H&M at 10am. Am happy I finally bought my godson's present and a graduation gift for my sister. Also found a faux diamond ring for moi!

I just read in the papers that sale season just started (uh-oh!) so I ended up passing by Gucci. I fancied this bag but it wasn't on sale. Tsk! tsk! I would never pay for 18,000 HKD for bloody knapsack. To my dismay, I just decided to indulge with some barbeque chicken salad at California Pizza Kitchen with my daughter. Am so glad my baby was a good girl in the resto, she enjoyed scribbling with the crayons and smiling at the man across the table (she is starting young eh!)

After lunch, we headed to a friend's baby shower (second Saturday in a row I have been attending showers now, next week's a first birthday party). I gobbled up the puto and pancit like there's no tomorrow. I enjoy going to baby showers... good food, fun games, and gift-giving. Too bad, this time the gifts are not for my baby!

Since hubby was still nursing a hangover, he was the appointed babysitter for the night. I slipped into my pink and gold lingerie and hid my fat under a boyfriend's jacket and short shorts. Hong Kong is known for notorious themed parties and last night's theme was lingerie inspired/french boudoir. All the guests looked great in their costumes: corsets, vintage skirts, robes, and nightgowns. I loved my friend's midnight summer's dream look, complete with a headdress. They served overflowing Veuve Clicquot and the most delicious Indian food I ever tasted! (The salmon and coconut pomelo salad was too die for!) Felt guilty for not bringing hubby though, cause the host prepared a birthday cake for him (it was his birthday the night before) and I had to blow his candle for him.

Saturday was quite hectic so I decided to have a relaxing Sunday. Ate hubby's mouth-watering steak for lunch, lazed on the couch, took a nap, played in the pool with baby and had a light salad for dinner. This is my idea of a perfect weekend!

Although, I could always use more shopping. If only my hubby was the one who won the $232 million dollar lottery last Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment