Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Toy Story

When the nanny told me that my daughter always took other children's toys, I thought maybe my daughter is deprived so I got her lots and lots of them that our apartment looks like a playground now. I bought her 1 or 2 toys every time we go to the mall and now I am thinking, if I keep on doing the same, I am setting myself up for a bigger problem in the future.

My brother was the same with his daughter, spoiled her so much and now whenever I see her, the first thing she asks me is, "Hi Tita! Where's my gift?" I must admit I am the same too with my aunts and uncles but there is no way I should pass this on to the next generation. If my daughter is as materialistic as I am, I am in trouble.

So, now I am trying to restrain myself from buying toys for baby. Even if in my mind, I think she needs more blocks, a new bike, a baby piano and another doll.

My friend told me that she bought her son one toy a month, unless there is something he really needs. Right, I should just spend for her playgroup or extra-curricular activities rather than some plastic toy from Vtech. Okay, I guess I'll have to buy this dancing flower/piano for her next month then...



But, this first cash register toy is so cute! I guess it's not for her age yet so this can wait. This was my favorite game of all time, "Cash or Charge?" No wonder!



I could also get my daughter her first laptop so she'll stop touching ours. Her Dad freaked out the other morning when he saw the Macbook on the floor and after she started playing with it. Good thing, it's still working now!



My nanny also said she loves the toy strollers. I want to get her a proper doll that goes with it (hers is just a rag doll). I find it cute when she tries to feed it with her own bottle. This one called Little Mommy by Fisher Price is so adorable.


Again, this vanity set is not suitable for my daughter's age but she always plays with my lipstick and blush that maybe I should get her own. Bad idea!


Uh oh! How many toys do I want for her now? If I am supposed to buy her one a month, then she has one already for January!

No comments:

Post a Comment