Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sunday Adventures

Not so long ago, Saturdays and Sundays meant sleeping the whole day or at least a bit of shopping and then partying at night. Well, now that time with baby is only on these two days, I have to make sure we do something nice with her. And since I am trying to curb my spending habits, maybe it's a good idea to not go to the malls at the moment. Otherwise, I will be bringing up another shopaholic in the family. I thought going to an amusement park or go for some outdoor activity. I am not so keen on Disneyland and Ocean Park so am thinking of planning a trip to the following places:

Hong Kong Wetland Park, Tin Shui Wai. It's a bit of a journey to get there but because of lack of nice parks in Hong Kong, I think I am willing to go as far as I can just to show my daughter some greens and hopefully, some animals. I hope I find the energy to go there inspite of the heat. I'm a bit paranoid about the mosquitoes there though, so if ever we go, I'd have to bring some California Baby action.



Noah's Ark, Ma Wan. I know this would be a failed attempt to imitate the real Noah's Ark (if there was one) but I should give the Chinese A for Effort. My first question is what kind of animals are in there. Okay, I just read they are hand-sculptured so I guess no real ones there. I'm surprised that they even have hotel rooms. I know they are nowhere near the Peninsula's but pretty neat huh? I have to say that I know of noone who has stayed there yet so that says something. Haha! Too bad, I have to take the ferry to get there (I don't really like boats cause I get seasick) so will postpone the trip to this place as much as I can. In the meantime, maybe I should just get my daughter a book on Noah's Ark instead.



See, Hong Kong is not exactly all about shopping. Saying that though, I'm tempted to just go to the mall cause of the hot weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment