Saturday, August 15, 2009

Soft Spot for Sofia

I was rushing from one meeting to the other in Peking Road yesterday when I couldn't help but pop by the LV Flagship store in Tsimshatsui. It looked like a marketplace! And you tell me that people are spending less nowadays? Not in Louis Vuitton's world. It's amazing how this brand has transformed from luggage/bags to a whole lifestyle.

I once succumbed to this craze and got myself a nice Damier Trevi, it came with a hefty credit card bill too! Waah! But, after I've gone loco seeing their logos all around town, I thought I'd give it up and go for something less flashy and pretentious.

Not everyone thinks like me though, having seeing the customers go crazy at the LV store. I guess there is something addicting about it. Some girls pull off the Neverfull or Speedy bag better than others, I admire those women who don't look cheap inspite of all those screaming logos.

While I was observing the customers in the store, I happened to find an LV bag that I want. Uh oh! Maybe there is some sort of magic in the store that woos you to buy LV! I looked closer and these bags are of good quality, nice leather and totally classic. And they are made by Francis Ford... no Sofia Coppola! Alas she is suddenly a designer... (like she needs to make more money and being an award-winning director/actress is not enough.)





Oh well, I love her stuff anyway! But, it doesn't take a genius to think of this one... let me grab a pen and draw my own bag. I might be famous one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment